Job Req ID: 123794
Position Number: 00150918
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: Emergency Department
Location: CHS Lincoln
Assists in maintaining a safe environment and remains with patient at all times to provide on-going observation of the patient and alert the nursing staff as patient care needs arise. Performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner, functioning under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.Essential Functions
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment and remains with patient at all times to provide on-going observation of the patient and alert the nursing staff as patient care needs arise.
- Performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner, functioning under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Observes the patient at the bedside.
- Calls for assistance and notifies the nurse of immediate patient or staff needs.
- Assists in preparing food trays as needed.
- Provides assistance at mealtime by setting up trays, opening food containers, cutting meat, and handing utensils to the patient.
- Assists with feeding the patient after the licensed nurse determines the diet is appropriate for the patient and there is no difficulty swallowing or anticipated untoward event.
- Provides diversional activities such as reading to patients, talking to patients, watching TV and/or listening to radio with the patient.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, bending, pushing, and pulling. May lift and carry up to 51 pounds occasionally. Must speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. On the job training will be provided for essential responsibilities of the job. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer