Job Req ID: 125828
Position Number: 00034029
Employment Type: Part Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Department Name: NSG - 5th Fl Med/Surg
Location: CHS University
Assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the registered nurse. Maintains a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.Essential Functions
- Performs personal care for the comfort and well being of the patient.
- Distributes ice, water, and nourishments upon patient's request. Measures and records intake and output.
- Assists the patient with bed pan and urinal. Records daily bowel function. Functions within hospital policy and procedure for insertion of foley catheter.
- Assists with simple non-sterile dressing changes, application and removal of ace bandages and TED hose.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure. Obtains and records patient weight and height.
- Assists patients with transfers to bed, wheelchair, and/or stretcher.
- Monitors incision/puncture site and report any bleeding or bruising.
- Assists with oxygen therapy by observing flow rate, maintenance of oxygen therapy, safety measures, care of oxygen equipment.
- Transports non narcotic medications from pharmacy to the unit as directed.
- Assists with IV therapy by observation, care of the peripheral site to include monitoring flow rate and reporting flow rate variance. Assembles IV and flushes IV tubing during set up. Removes peripheral IV upon discontinuation of IV therapy, as directed.
- Performs heel sticks and finger sticks blood glucose monitoring (upon certification). Reports and documents results on patient record.
- Provides instructions to patients and family members according to approved protocols and/or the plan of care. Documents learner response.
Work requires consistent walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Must have an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and have manual and finger dexterity. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School diploma or GED required. Completion of an approved Nurse Aide II Training Program or student nurses meeting the listing requirements of the Nurse Aide Registry II. Current Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II Registry. BLS HCP from AHA certification required.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer