Job Req ID: 125694
Position Number: 00072253
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7a-7p
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: NSG - Cardiac Unit 4N
Location: Carolinas Med Center - Mercy
Location Details: CMC-Mercy
CMC-Mercy is a Planetree designated patient-centered hospital. The Planetree model is committed to enhancing health care from the patients perspective; empowers patients and families by providing information and education, cultivates healing of the mind-body-spirit, provides patient-directed care, is value-based, holistic and promotes safety of patients through active involvement in their own care.
Provides patient care under the direct supervision and control of a Registered Nurse or other licensed leader. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, patient environment, and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure. Obtains and records patient weight and height.
- Reports and documents information related to assigned duties, assists with procedures performed in the office/clinic area, cleans examination rooms and instruments according to OSHA standards.
- Assists with simple non-sterile dressing changes, application and removal of ace bandage, TED hose, and heat lamps, pelvic and unoccupied beds. Assists patients with transfers to exam bed, wheelchair, and stretcher.
- Performs finger stick for blood glucose monitoring (upon certification). Assists with the collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing as appropriate; must have venipuncture or other certification. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up or delivery.
- Provides instructions to patients and family members according to approved protocols and/or the plan of care under supervision of the Registered Nurse. Documents learner response.
- Maintains stock supply items inventory management restocking of examination rooms, etc.
- Participates in QA programs. Attends in-services/team member meetings. Initiates CPR (upon certification).
- Handles phone calls under supervision of a RN or leader.
Work requires consistent walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Must have an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and have manual and finger dexterity. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program, or student nurses meeting the listing requirements of the DFS Nurse Aide Registry, required. Current unrestricted listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer