Job Req ID: 126769
Position Number: 00136967
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: As needed-8 hours/week flexible
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Center for Life Support Educ
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Rankin Education Building, 1200 Blythe Boulevard, Suite 220
Teaches American Heart Association Emergency Cardiovascular Care courses to staff and other participants in accordance with the most current guidelines and core curricula set forth by the American Heart Association; courses include but are not limited to: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and/or ECG for ACLS.Essential Functions
- Promotes standards of excellence through teamwork, caring, integrity, respectful communication, and maintenance of a safe and professional environment.
- Implements current, traditional, and innovative teaching methodologies in accordance with appropriate course objectives.
- Communicates any outstanding issues to the program director/coordinator.
- Functions as a team member to assure meeting the goals and objectives of the course.
- Participates in a comprehensive evaluation process for course(s), students, and curriculum.
- Reviews completed course evaluation forms and reviews with coordinator/director if necessary.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for any necessary alteration in course delivery, timeframe and other educational nuances to improve learner outcomes.
- Shares student and faculty evaluative feedback with other instructors in a constructive, positive manner, as applicable.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Responsible for working in a safe manner. Requires full range body motion. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Education, Experience and Certifications
Current American Heart Association Provider and Instructor level certification(s) in BLS, ACLS, and/or PALS. Required to attend instructor updates or renewal courses as needed or required by the Community Training Center (CTC) or by the Satellite Training Center (STC). Registered with the Carolinas HealthCare System Community Training Center or another AHA training center. Prefer a minimum of 4 years of experience teaching life support, and similar years experience in healthcare related to the discipline being taught. Utilizes computer, audiovisual material, simulated laboratory, and teaching equipment competently. Seeks assistance from the Instructional Technology Coordinator and Learning Resource Specialist as needed. Selects and uses equipment appropriately.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer