Billings and Collections Associate Director-SHA000688
MSD Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – Europe in Prague, Czech Republic will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
The Billings and Collections Associate Director will work within the RDC-Europe and will be responsible for the execution and delivery of the Billing & Accounts Receivable services for all markets under his or her remit. Activities include primarily Billing, Credit Management and Cash Collection whether delivered by MSD or outsourced providers. This role will drive the team towards target achievement as well as ensure consistency of processes in their markets, maximizing the potential for automation. Additionally, this role will be part of the extended leadership team in the RDC-Europe and will be expected to develop and contribute to site wide initiatives.
The Billings and Collections Associate Director will also be the primary point of contact for each market for queries, escalations and any other communications, while responsible for the day to day management of the team as well as oversight of outsourced providers in their area. The objective of this role is to lead and enable the RDC OtC function based in Prague to partner with their Finance and business counterparts to ensure that business objectives are sufficiently met.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead the overall delivery of compliant processes and services for OtC Billing and Collections using internal resources and external vendors/resources and partnerships.
• Model MSD’s Leadership Behaviors and inspire others to act in this way also
• Drive teams towards achievement of SLA and top class KPIs
• Hire new resources into the team when required and training up those new hires to include systems onboarding for all internal and outsourced team members
• Manage relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure all are aware of status of Billing & Collections activities that impact them and ensure they understand value of B&C team to them
• Understand relevant policies and procedures to ensure processes are aligned to those including, Billing, Credit and Collections, and Bad Debt policies
• Liaise with the OtC Compliance Analyst to ensure audits (internal and external) are brought to a successful and timely conclusion
• Manage vendor relationship and performance by implementing and tracking Service Level Agreements and other performance metrics
• Act as positive promoter for outsourced activities
• Seek to outsource transactional activities where possible to enable scope for value added activities to be taken on
• Partner with RDC-Europe process owners to build the process that will deliver an operationally excellent and efficient Billing & Collections process.
• Partner with teams to ensure successful implementation of all OtC initiatives in a timely manner
• Perform all required people management obligations including motivating and energizing team members, performance reviews, succession planning, talent assessments and workforce planning
• Ensure team is available and properly resourced at all times to meet business needs, particularly around business critical times (month, quarter and year end close) and ensure holiday periods are appropriately resourced
• Act as the central liaison for all Billing & Collections transition activities to centralized platforms.
• Be an active member of the extended leadership for the RDC-Europe and provide leadership beyond direct reports
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of demonstrated work experience within a General Accounting and/or Finance Shared Services, and/or Accounts Receivable/Collections area required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading team of Order to Cash professionals to achieve results required
• Experience of working in an organization providing services across multiple markets or geographies
• Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing) required
• Familiarity with US GAAP preferred
• Solid financial background with experience in accounting processes
• Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
• Strong knowledge of business processes supported by transaction processing capabilities
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required to meet business objectives
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under pressure, and with a high degree of professionalism delivering high quality results on time
• Must be comfortable in an environment of changing technologies and processes, and demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to new ways of working
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Strong SAP knowledge required
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Have a thorough knowledge of credit-related laws
• Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
• Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
• Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
• High degree of integrity and personal ethics in implementing corporate policies and procedures
Physical Position Requirements:
• Prague, Czech Republic
• Ability to periodically travel to customer and stakeholder locations across Europe
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Shared Services Job Title:Billings and Collections Associate Director
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD