Seeking a rare mix of artist and engineer to design/develop world-class web, cell, and Open Source based products. You will utilize skills in conceptual design, information and interaction design, user interface engineering and enterprise engineering to create products that are powerful, elegant, easy to use and have very high impact. Will work in partnership with MITRE designers, engineers and users to create new prototypes and services for our government sponsors that are critical to their success. Must have strong technical skills and an impressive online portfolio to be considered.
* Leading interaction and user interface design efforts on rapid prototypes and large-scale applications.
* Applying user interface design skills and principles to service design (cell, web, fat client).
* Working with other designers, engineers, and management to implement required features on schedule and on cost.
Required Education/Experience: BS and 5 years of related experience or MS and 3 years of related experience or PhD and 1 year of related experience
Desired Education/Experience * 5 or more years experience in designing beautiful thick and thin client user interfaces.
* In depth knowledge of user interface design principles, interaction design guidelines, rapid prototyping design processes.
Required Skills: * Extensive rapid prototyping experience creating and iteratively refining a user interface design to achieve delightful user experiences.
* Self Starter who works well independently and in a team.
* Proficiency with various design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite.
* In depth knowledge of usability methodologies, human factors, industry standards and trends, platform standards.
* Graphic/Visual Design experience.
Desired Skills * Experience in application or web service design using Java/JSP or Ruby on Rails.
* Experience with Apple technologies and Web 2.0.
* Project leadership experience.
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 10% of the time.
Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.