MITRE's Cyber Security team seeks an experienced cyber security engineer to provide technical expertise to help our sponsors deploy system-level and enterprise-capable cross domain solutions, and to support the development of new and improved CDS solutions.
In this role, you will work with small teams to:
•Research, design, and develop solutions to address MITREs sponsor challenges.
•Conduct cross domain solution tradeoff analysis.
•Provide guidance on how to design systems to operate with the currently available set of solutions. These systems need to minimize the risk of connecting network domains, while meeting the mission information access and sharing requirements.
•Engage with technical experts within MITRE and from UCDMO, DISA, NSA, the IC, CDS vendors, and the CDS user community to identify and solve information sharing and security challenges.Required Education/Experience:BS and 5 years of related experience or MS and 3 years of related experience or PhD and 1 year of related experienceDesired Education/ExperienceM.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or a related field and at least 3 years experience performing systems security engineering for the DoD or Intelligence Community.Required Skills:• Experience with cross domain system solutions and architectures used by the DoD and Intelligence Community.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) and enterprise IA solutions.
• Ability to apply security principles and mechanisms to the systems and enterprise system designs.
• Experience with high assurance operating systems and cross domain solutions.
• Experience in cross-domain requirements analysis, trade-off assessment, and solution selection.
• Experience with cross-domain security requirements and certification and accreditation requirements and processes in the DoD and Intelligence Community.
• Ability to evaluate IT environments and identify security goals, objectives, and requirements.
• Ability to work and lead by example in a highly collaborative environment with peers and senior government officials.
• Knowledge of DoD or IC Information Assurance policy, directives, and strategies.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.Desired Skills• Experience with systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design.
• Experience developing DoD or IC Information Assurance policy, directives, and strategies.
• Knowledge of the DOD or IC acquisition processes.Travel Statement*This position will require overnight travel up to 5% of the time.Clearance StatementTo be eligible for consideration for this position, a current Top Secret clearance is required.