Job Req ID: 121252
Position Number: 00074791
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Mon.-Fri., 8a-4:30p
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Clinical Case Management
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: CMC Main
Oversees the overall daily and long term operations of the CHS Care Management team; accountable for achieving established measurable clinical, financial, and functional outcomes through actively engaging multiple disciplines and professional staff across the continuum; manages people, relationships, and processes in order to achieve maximized results. Establishes collaborative relationships with physicians to ensure that patients are cared for in the most appropriate clinical setting. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate achievement of desired patient outcomes. Essential Functions
- Oversees the development of department specific goals and objectives.
- Ensures implementation of strategic and process changes designed to achieve outlined goals/objectives.
- Ensures Standards for staff qualifications and competencies, continuing education, and staffing levels are maintained. Coach and mentor staff to ensure the achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to direct reports. Provides leadership and support for shared governance model.
- Promotes effective communication and collaboration among all members of the CHS Care Management team, as well as community partners and providers across the continuum.
- Participates in the initiation, development, and maintenance of clinical pathways/protocols and other population-based programs, facilitating collaboration and consensus of multidisciplinary teams throughout the process.
- Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates the effect of clinical care coordination on quality outcomes, fiscal parameters, customer satisfaction, and system operations and implements strategies to resolve system, performance, and patient variances. Utilizes data systems to monitor process improvement and resource utilization.
- Formulates, implements, and evaluates strategies for specialized staff education as it relates to patient care, case management and/or clinical pathways/protocols.
- Utilizes RN process as a framework to focus the activities of the healthcare team on the achievement of optimal outcomes, resource utilization, clinical expertise, and improvement strategies.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice of nursing evaluating his or her own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules and regulations.
Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending and stooping. Must lift a minimum of thirty five pounds. Ability to travel/drive between various locations is required for this position. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must have intact sense of sight and hearing, finger dexterity, critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in assignments. Occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals.Education, Experience and Certifications
Master�s degree in Nursing, Business or health related field required. If non-BSN, Masters degrees must be in Nursing. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. 2 years experience required in health care. Obtain and maintain professional certification in a relevant clinical specialty, per departmental policy.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer