Req ID: 72171
Position Number: 00154483
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Department Name: Occ Hlth-Cabarrus County
Location: Carolinas Healthcare On-Site
Provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in the ambulatory, outpatient, and CHS Medical Group practice settings in accordance with policies and procedures under the supervision of the supervisor and manager. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
The health coach serves as a key member of the health care team and plays a critical role in helping patients/teammates improve their health. The health coach engages patients/teammates and encourages them to take an active role in their health by providing them with the tools necessary to make healthy lifestyel choices and adopt life-long healthy behaviors. The health coach helps patients/teammates unlock personal motivation to make lasting changes and simultaneously serve as the patients/teammates primary conduit to the health care provider as they help coordinate necessary services both within and outside of the health system.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumerï¿½s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine nursing diagnoses or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Practices ethically.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluates her or his own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Additional department specific physical requirements may be identified for unique responsibilities within the department by the department leader.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required; BSN preferred. Complies with the Clinical Nurse I requirements of the Professional Nurse Clinical Advancement Program. Experience as outlined in Professional Nurse Clinical Advancement Program. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the department manager.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer