It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
We are seeking a Product Sales Specialist responsible for Data Center technologies in the commercial area. In this position, you will be facilitating the success of Cisco account teams in selling specific data center products and technologies related to your area of expertise, with measurable sales objectives. This is a specialist position on the US and Canada Data Center team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota. A successful Cisco PSS will work with Cisco Account Managers, Systems Engineers, Technical Leaders and Sales Managers to plan sales strategies, develop proposals, deliver customer presentations/demos, and close the business. Technical selling skills a must (Load Balancing, SSL, Applications, Servers, Storage, Networking L2-L7.) This position covers major federal sector accounts across the assigned region. Significant travel in region required.
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum five to seven years experience in data center, server, or application networking industries.
- Proven track record in managing and winning major opportunities, with the ability to work unsupervised; ability to interact as a value-added team member
- Ability to manage a long and complex sales cycle
- Experienced in multi-level selling, comfortable influencing CxO, IT Managers, Purchasing, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good listening and strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of Data Center Architectures and Services incorporating Application Networking Services, Servers, Storage, and Data Center Switching technologies
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple levels of the organizations (account managers, technical leaders, Partners, Channels, etc.)
- Requires a solutions sales approach versus a product box drop
- This person must work well in teams, understand Cisco's public sector engagement model and be able to create a win-win environment for key technology partners
- Position requires a passion for driving strategies; a strong personality with demonstrated leadership skills working in a complex matrix organization; a strong presence and credibility established with the client base and internally.