Req ID: 70308
Position Number: 00014693
Employment Type: Full Time
Department Name: NSG - Medical/Oncology 4T
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Performs functions as related to transportation of patients, equipment, supplies, specimens and other items within the hospital, along with functions related to data entry, answering telephones and processing patient charts.
- Transcribes physician orders and maintains patient charts, including the recording of vital signs and report/result posting.
- Answers the telephone using proper phone etiquette and receives and relays messages to appropriate team members.
- Maintains coverage of the nurses station for acknowledging and directing customers.
- Assists physicians and other team members with retrieving information.
- Requests ancillary services through the computer, telephone or manual requisitions.
- Provides direct patient care as delegated by the RN to include turning, positioning and assisting with ambulating; makes beds; serves and collects food trays.
- Assists the patient with eating, elimination, including the administration of non-medicated enemas to promote evacuation of bowel.
- Collects non-sterile specimens, obtains temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure statistics.
- Assists with application of orthopedic splints, casts and equipment.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patient, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak good, basic English. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell and touch. Must have manual finger dexterity. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program, or student nurses meeting the listing requirements of the DFS Nurse Aide Registry, required. Current unrestricted listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I or II required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer